July 2 Delegates Meeting
Labour Council’s monthly Delegates’ Meeting this July will again be a virtual event.
The agenda will follow much the same format as usual. This month, our guest speaker is Lee Cheuk Yan, Hong Kong Confederation of Trade Unions. We will discuss the
For discussion tonight, please take five minutes to read our Yes It Matters campaign (here) (Working together to end systemic racism and create a just Canada for all)
Please click to download the following documents:
How to Join the Meeting
WHEN: Thursday, July 2 from 7:30-9:30 pm
7:25 – Verbal sign-in for phone-only participants
Join by phone: 1-647-374-4685 anywhere in Canada
Meeting ID: 814 4289 4232
Please note! The call is capped at 100 attendees. If you find you are unable to get onto the call, or would prefer to watch rather than participate, we will be live-streaming the meeting through the Labour Council Youtube Channel.
Important notes on using Zoom for this Delegates’ Meeting:
- Please download the meeting handouts for reference during the meeting.
- We recommend using a device with a self-facing camera and a screen, such as a laptop, tablet or smartphone. Delegates will be prompted to participate in votes which are only possible if you are logged in through Zoom and using a screen.
- Screen users: please ensure you sign in with your full name and your union and local. You can change the appearance of your name once you are in the meeting if not prompted to do so when signing in.
- Choose the “speaker view” instead of the gallery view to get the most out of the meeting.
- If you are unable to log in online, you may call into the meeting from a standard phone line. Please note that you will not be able to participate in votes if you call in.
- If you decide to join by phone, please join the meeting by 7:25 so we can sign you in verbally before the meeting starts.
- Labour Council staff will be controlling the audio of all participants during the meeting, just as if we were speaking at the microphone. However, it is advised that you put yourself on mute when joining the meeting.
- Use of video is encouraged, especially for participants who would like to speak on agenda items.
- You may indicate your desire to speak to an agenda item by opening the “Participants” panel on your Zoom screen and “raising your hand” by clicking the button. Phone users may raise their hand by pressing *9 on your dial pad. Labour Council staff will monitor requests to speak.
- A Youtube livestream will be made available for anyone who prefers to watch only, or if you are having technical difficulties setting up Zoom. At the start of the meeting we will share the Youtube link via our Facebook and Twitter channels. Please note that the livestream runs about 20 seconds behind real time.