The 9th “Walk The Path” Walkathon
The 9th “Walk The Path” Walkathon is happening in June this year! This is an annual event in support of prostate cancer awareness, prostate cancer support and other men’s health initiatives of The Walnut Foundation.
When: June 3, 2023. 8am-12pm
Where: Etobicoke Creek Trail Brampton. 30 Loafers Lake Lane.
More Info: Click here.
Your contacts are able to do all of the following from here:
1. Create a Team
2. Join your Team
3. Join as an Individual
4. Donate. When they donate they can also assign their donation to a team or individual who they wish to support on the walk. A tax receipt is issued instantly using this method and is the preferred method of support.
Note: The Pledge form can also be used to collect cash or donations in cheque payable to “The Walnut Foundation”. A tax receipt will be issued after the walk for donations of $20 or more. As you can appreciate, this is more labor intensive for a volunteer only organization so it is imperative that the name, address, telephone number and an email address is captured clearly.
E-transfers to The Walnut Foundation is also accepted. Please send to [email protected] and indicate in the notes “Walkathon 2023” and who they are sponsoring (eg, Ivan Dawns or the team name).
Donations collected will be use for the following:
1. Prostate cancer research.
2. Support for men with prostate cancer.
3. Support for families of someone that died from prostate cancer.
4. An annual scholarship for a black student to study oncology at University of Toronto.
This is a grassroots community-led initiative as the donation is the main source of funding. They do not get core funding from any government, corporation or foundation. Thanks for your support.